We are looking for a new addition to the team. If this is you please get in touch by sending your CV and a cover note explaining a little more about you to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject ‘Logistics’. Thank you!
We’re making ground-breaking 3D-printed toys which customers personalise on their computer or iPad and have delivered to their doorstep. The concept and technology are both new and we’re looking for an enthusiastic team-player with the experience to help get our products from screen to home, efficiently and with the care and attention to detail that our forward-thinking customers expect.
We’re looking for…
A natural self-starter, big on ambition and with a desire to work in a small, punchy start-up which is growing up fast. The perfect applicant is an experienced and utterly modern logistics producer who can work with our CTO and engineers to design the process and systems which take our toys through the whole process, from build and assembly to packing and shipping. And aftercare too.
This role is about process design and implementation. Your background might include time at a web-based retail company, and you’ll have knowledge and experience of inventory management, dealing with returns, shipping and handling suppliers . Most importantly you’ll have a can-do attitude and what you don’t know you’ll find out!
- The confidence to lead the set up of logistics and fulfilment of a brilliant new set of personalised products, which will be sold through a tablet app and website.
- Experience of setting up and managing supplier relationships.
- Experience in the day-to-day: setting up and managing payment systems, handling returns and making sure invoices match orders.
- Experience in designing and implementing efficient processes and workflows.
- The ability and confidence to plan and manage effective inventory management and stock control processes.
- Flair and enthusiasm to think of new and interesting networked ways of managing QA which will work effectively with multiple suppliers
- A calm and can-do attitude: if we send the wrong eyeballs to Bob in Belfast you’ll fix things fast.
Desirable but not essential…
- You’ll lend your voice to conversations about software and hardware.
Most importantly you have the total commitment to make our customers feel valued and happy with their purchase.
Makielab is a medium-sized Shoreditch-based startup with big ideas, and an assorted group of extraordinary advisors. We believe in tailor-made products with the personal touch and we have global aspirations.